Changing the time should be your first task after upgrading to aftermarket radio.
The clocks in Kenwood radios are pretty accurate by default as they rely on features like GPS-Sync and RDS-Sync.
The GPS-Sync gets the time information from the GPS satellite via the external GPS antenna attached to your car radio. On the other hand, RDS-Sync receives that data from nearby local radio stations.
But what if you get incorrect data from these methods, particularly the latter?
How to Change Time on Kenwood Radio
In such a case, you should manually change the time on your car radio. In this post, we’ll discuss the manual time-changing method for Kenwood’s single-din and double-din radios.
How to Set Clock in Kenwood DMX1037S Radio
- The DMX1037S has time information on the left side of the screen as well as in the bottom-right corner.
- First of all, we’ll select the ‘gear’ icon. It’s the second-left icon in the bottom row.
- Then select the ‘system’ icon. It will open up a new list of options.
- Scroll down that list to see different time-related options, such as Time Format, Clock, Time Zone, etc.
- The clock will be on GPS-SYNC mode by default. Change the mode to ‘manual’.
- Once you’ve selected the manual option, you’ll notice that there’s a new option available called Clock Adjust.
- Select this option, and you’ll get a new screen containing time (hour and minute) and date (year, month, and day) values.
- You can adjust them using ^ and ∨ buttons. You can also long-press these buttons (instead of multiple presses) to save some time.
- Press ‘set’ to lock in those changes.
How to Set Clock in Kenwood KDC Radios
The single-din KDC radios follow a slightly different procedure as they’re button-based.
- Turn on the radio.
- Press the Volume dial.
- Rotate this dial until you see the ‘CLOCK’ option on the screen.
- Now press the dial again.
- Here you’ll see different clock-related options. Press the dial when you see the ‘CLOCK ADJUST’ on the screen.
- Now you can make adjustments to date and time through the dial.
- After adjusting each value, press the dial to lock the change.